Specialist Resource Provision
The Specialist Resource Provision for Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) at The Canterbury Academy is a provision for children aged 11-16 years old with a primary diagnosis of SLCN. The SRP is resourced to meet the additional needs of children, who without such provision, would not be able to access a mainstream curriculum.
At The Canterbury Academy we are committed to ‘Improving the life chances of children and helping in the community.’
Our vision is of a high attaining and achieving academy with fully extended provision at the centre of our community and widely recognised as an example of leading practice. Young people will leave as positive, confident individuals proud of what they have achieved, prepared to be lifelong learners and ready to play an active and constructive part in society.
- The Canterbury Academy offers a genuine comprehensive alternative
- Every child is good at something
- All children walk with genius
- The Canterbury Academy offers ‘as much as possible, as often as possible, for as many as possible’
- Every learner matters
Who would benefit from attending the SRP?
- Students with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) whose priority is SLCN
- Students with diagnosed language disorder who have regular therapy from a member of the NHS Speech and Language Therapy team.
Students who can access mainstream learning but who perhaps need some small group support.
Students who can develop strategies to cope with a large secondary environment.
Students who can develop strategies to cope with changes in routine, classroom environment and teaching staff.
Students who will be able to access a GCSE or equivalent curriculum.