Coronavirus Catch Up Premium
At The Canterbury Academy the Coronavirus Catch Up Premium is being used as follows. Students across Years 7 through 11 are being identified as to specific intervention that would make the most impact across all students in the various year groups. Targeted interventions are then taking place using a variety of tools.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Access to the National Tutoring Programme vis Fleet Tutors to supplement high quality classroom teaching in Maths, English and Science.
- Investment in educational psychology and resilience tools to support the learners
- Classroom based teaching and learning resources that can support individual and small groups of students
- Online resources that can be used for targeted intervention with identified small groups of students in a flexible manner
- Additional staffing that will enable small group support within and beyond the curriculum and extra-curricular support, as well as targeted sessions over school holidays.
For all of these interventions a process of diagnosis, therapy and testing will be applied to be able to assess the initial need, and the impact the intervention has had in addressing the need. This will allow us to adapt the plan to use the fund in the areas which have the most impact for the students.