Request for Banding Assessment for September 2020 Entry to Year 7
Completion of this form does not constitute an application to The Canterbury Academy.
The Banding Assessment is NOT an entry test.
You MUST complete the Local Authority Common Application Form.
It is designed to ensure that students of all abilities have an equal chance of gaining a place at The Canterbury Academy. This is to enable the school to acquire a comprehensive profile.
This information will only affect the admissions process if The Canterbury Academy is over-subscribed (if it receives more applications than it has places for). Where the number of applications is greater than the published admission number, applications will be considered against the overall subscription criteria as set by The Canterbury Academy. Students who sit the Banding Assessment and can therefore be allocated to one of the 9 bands will be considered for available places before those who have not taken the Banding Assessment.
- Common Application Forms should be submitted to your Local Authority by 31st October 2019
- This Banding Assessment must be returned to the school by 31st October 2019
- You will receive an invitation to the Banding Assessment during the week beginning 4th November 2019
- The Banding Assessments will be held at The Canterbury Academy on 16th November 2019 and 23rd November 2019
- In accordance with the School Admission Arrangements, parents will be notified which school their child has been offered on 1st March 2020