Request for Banding Assessment for September 2021 Entry to Year 7
Completion of this form does not constitute an application to The Canterbury Academy.
The Banding Assessment is NOT an entry test.
You MUST complete the Local Authority Common Application Form.
It is designed to ensure that students of all abilities have an equal chance of gaining a place at The Canterbury Academy. This is to enable the school to acquire a comprehensive profile.
This information will only affect the admissions process if The Canterbury Academy is over-subscribed (if it receives more applications than it has places for). Where the number of applications is greater than the published admission number, applications will be considered against the overall subscription criteria as set by The Canterbury Academy. Students who sit the Banding Assessment and can therefore be allocated to one of the 9 bands will be considered for available places before those who have not taken the Banding Assessment.
- Common Application Forms should be submitted to your Local Authority by Monday 2nd November 2020
- This Banding Assessment request must be returned to the school by Monday 2nd November 2020
- You will receive an invitation to the Banding Assessment during the week beginning 9th November 2020
- The Banding Assessments will be held at The Canterbury Academy on 14th November 2020 and 21st November 2020
- In accordance with the School Admission Arrangements, parents will be notified which school their child has been offered on 1st March 2021