VRQ Level 2 – Certificate in Barbering
What’s it about?
This course is portfolio based work with assessments through observations. It covers cutting, styling and facial beard shaping for men both practically and theoretically. Assignments are set out by City and Guilds. Some units have on-line exams.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, an interview is required to check commitment and dedication for the subject. It is essential that students have a passion for hair.
Mrs. S. Canavan – Director of Teaching and Learning
The Canterbury Academy Sixth Form
The course covers the following areas:
- Health and safety in the salon.
- Client consultation.
- Cutting men’s hair.
- Styling men’s hair.
- Cutting and shaping men’s facial hair.
Students can progress onto the following areas:
- Level 3 Barbering.
- After Level 3 students can progress onto becoming an assessor.
- A career in men’s hairdressing.
- A career into ladies’ hairdressing.
- Competition work – both locally and nationally.
With experience, students can eventually progress onto becoming a salon manager.