Edexcel BTEC Level 3 – Uniformed Public Services
What’s it about?
The qualification is designed to provide learners with an in-depth understanding of the principles of the uniformed services sector and to allow them to explore the various avenues of work within it.
The qualification will also allow learners to gain transferable skills that can be applied to the workplace or further study.
The qualification will:
focus on the study of the uniformed services within the public services sector
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical work-related skills.
The objectives of the qualification are to:
- allow learners to progress to employment or further study and towards the entry qualifications and requirements of a specific uniformed service
- provide informed and prepared potential recruits.
GCSE English grade 4 or above.
Mrs. S. Osborne – Director of Teaching and Learning
The Canterbury Academy Sixth Form
The qualification aims to provide learners with:
- an understanding of the uniformed public services sector
- the opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the uniformed services
- the ability to prepare for a recruitment interview
- an understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed to be employed in a uniformed service role
- an understanding of the external organisations that impact on and influence the work of the uniformed services
- an understanding of how uniformed services organisations respond in emergency situations
- the opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in a range of uniformed services eg leadership skills, coaching skills, conflict management, personal protection, teamwork, communication, navigation, drill.
When you have completed Level 3 you should have gained all the required skills to successfully apply for a career in the public services.
Use your grade to further your study at university.