Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma – Performing Arts
The Acting Programme
What’s it about?
This is an exciting and unique concept for post-16 actors and actresses. For one day every week (9am – 4pm), you will benefit from working with professional actors of stage and screen who will share their experiences and training with you. You will get an introduction to a top acting agent who may represent you professionally. You will also enter national competitions.
All acting programme students will:
- receive professional training
- get the opportunity for professional representation from a top talent agency
- achieve BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in performing arts (acting)
- work to gain entry requirement for top drama schools and universities
- perform at prestigious events
- work with practitioners from higher education, TV and theatre
- have the opportunity to follow another full A Level course alongside their training
We would recommend a GCSE grade 6 in Drama/Performing Arts and a keen interest in working within the industry, as well as a successful audition into The Canterbury Institute of Performing Arts.
Mrs. S. Watson – Director of Teaching and Learning
The Canterbury Academy Sixth Form
- Theatre history
- acting techniques
- audition techniques and preparation
- practitioner study,
- devising acting,
- script work,
- script writing,
- performance study,
- performance techniques.
70% performance, 30% coursework for BTEC Extended Diploma (worth three A Levels).
It will give you a wide knowledge base to help you choose a suitable career path in the acting industry. You will be working with professionals from the industry who will give first-hand advice and insight.
Should you achieve the appropriate grades, this course will enable you to move on to higher education at university or drama school.