Select Page

Read the latest news from the Sports Pillar at Canterbury Academy

Pillars of Excellence Newsletter – Term 6 2021-2022

facebooktwitterinstagramDear parents and carers, As we reach the end of another term and another school year, it gives me great pleasure to attach our final Pillars of Excellence Newsletter. Despite the current heat, I do hope you’ll find the time to take a flick...

Summer of Success for Canterbury Academy Cricket

facebooktwitterinstagramOur cricket programme has flourished this term with senior school teams excelling in county and national competitions. The season began with the under 18 side travelling to Spain to play in the very first Hundred competition for schools. This...

County Rugby Recognition for Canterbury Academy Students

facebooktwitterinstagramTwo members of our Sixth Form Rugby Academy have represented Kent at rugby recently. Year 12 students, Max Campbell and Sai Kama, have been involved in a series of county matches at the end of the season. In a game against Essex, Max scored the...

Pillars of Excellence Newsletter – Term 5 2021-2022

facebooktwitterinstagramDear parents and carers, As we draw to the end of another very busy term across The Canterbury Academy Trust, I attach our most recent Pillars of Excellence Newsletter for your information. I do hope you may be able to take ten minutes to read,...

Incredible Start to Cricket Season for The Canterbury Academy

facebooktwitterinstagramOur first team cricket squad have just returned from Spain where they participated in a tournament organised by The Cricketer Magazine. The games were played at the excellent Desert Springs facilities situated just outside Vera in the province...

Pillars of Excellence Newsletter – Term 4 2021-2022

facebooktwitterinstagramDear parents and carers, As the end of term 4 draws near, I write with our Pillars of Excellence Newsletter attached, updating you on the achievements of our students across The Canterbury Academy Trust; from our City View Pre-School and...

Term 4 Sports Report

facebooktwitterinstagramAston Young - WRSA British kickboxing championAston Young Claims British Kickboxing Crown Year 8 student, Aston had a British title fight on Saturday 19th March in South West England. His opponent was a very experienced Scottish fighter who...

Kent Association of Headteachers – Ukraine Appeal

facebooktwitterinstagramWhen I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping”. Mr Rogers I am sure that we all will have been touched and affected by the terrible...

Pillars of Excellence Newsletter – Term 3 2021-2022

facebooktwitterinstagramDear parents and carers, I write to you this evening to share with you our end of term Pillars of Excellence Newsletter (attached), hoping that you may be able to find some time, once again, to celebrate more of our students’ brilliant...

Pillars of Excellence Newsletter – Term 2 2021-2022

facebooktwitterinstagramDear parents and carers, It is with great pleasure that I write to you this afternoon, with our end of term Pillars of Excellence Newsletter attached, as opposed to anything with ‘COVID’ in the title! As we draw to the end of another long, busy...